Learn to Hunt - Adult Turkey Hunting Workshop - Monmouth
Wild turkey is a great “first hunt” for new hunters. Turkeys are plentiful, seasons are long, and gear is simple.
This workshop is for adults. Participants will learn everything needed to start hunting this spring, including turkey biology, turkey hunting opportunities, turkey identification, scouting, and hunting techniques. The workshop is designed for new hunters, but all skill levels are welcome to attend.
- Setting decoys and blinds
- Spring hunting tactics
- How to safely handle, fire, and pattern shotguns
- Field dressing and cooking wild turkey
- Turkey behavior, biology, and conservation
THIS WORKSHOP FILLS QUICKLY, SO REGISTER EARLY.
What to Bring
Bring a lunch and snacks. Dress for the weather. We will be outside for much of the day.
ODFW will supply shotguns and ammunition. Participants can bring and use their own shotgun – staff will inspect prior to use. If you bring a shotgun, you must supply your own non-lead ammunition. We will be shooting approximately 5 rounds.
IMPORTANT: The event will be held at Google Map to Event Location
Registration (Pre-registration is required)
HOW TO REGISTER AND SIGN-UP:
- Click the below “Register Now” button.
- You will be directed to the ODFW Electronic Licensing System Login Page https://odfw.huntfishoregon.com/login.
- Login with your information if you already have an account.
- If you have never logged in, use Verify/Look Up to find your account if you’ve had a hunting or fishing license or signed up for any of our programs in the past. If you are a new ODFW customer, use Create an Account.
- After you have logged in, click “Purchase from the Catalog.”
- Scroll down to Class/Workshop. Click “View All.”
- Scroll down until you see the workshop title.
- Click “Add.”
- If you are done with your purchase, click “Proceed to Checkout” to complete your purchase.
Follow this step-by-step guide for help registering for the clinic through the ODFW Online Licensing Page.
ODFW will follow up a week before to event with a reminder and more details to help you prepare for the clinic.