Learn to Hunt - Pheasant Hunting Workshop - Portland (Sauvie Island) - THIS HUNT IS FULL
THIS HUNT IS FULL.
Pheasant hunting is an excellent way to introduce new hunters to hunting.
In this workshop you will gain the necessary knowledge and skills for hunting pheasants. You will learn about clothing and equipment needs, safety, ethics and how to clean a harvested pheasant (field dress).
This workshop is meant for beginner hunters only, if you have taken this in the past or have hunted before, please let new hunters take this learning opportunity.
All participants are required to take the adult online hunter education course and an ODFW Shotgun Skills training prior to attending the pheasant workshop. You will be sent an email from ODFW staff once you have registered for the Pheasant Hunting Workshop to pick a Shotgun Skill date.
• A printed copy of your Wildlife Area Parking Permit (you received this for free in your portfolio when you purchased your hunting license)
• Your hunting license – either a printed copy or an electronic version on your ODFW app
• Your Upland Game Bird Validation
• Snacks, lunch and water
• Sturdy, close-toed footwear
• Clothing appropriate for Oregon weather and walking through thick brush and briars at times
• Light, long-sleeved shirt
• Extra clothes
• Rain gear
• Hat (Blaze orange if possible)
• Blaze orange vest if possible
• Light backpack (to carry water and birds you harvested)
• If allergic to bees, please bring your Epi-Pen if you require one.
• Ice chest and ice for your birds
HOW TO REGISTER AND SIGN-UP:
1. Click the “Register Now” button below
2. You will be directed to the ODFW Electronic Licensing System Login Page, https://odfw.huntfishoregon.com/login
3. Login with your information if you already have an account
4. If you have never logged in, use Verify/Look Up to find your account if you have had a hunting or fishing license or signed up for any of our programs in the past. If you are a new ODFW customer, use Create an Account
5. After you have logged in, click “Purchase from the Catalog”
6. Scroll down to Class/Workshop. Click “View All”
7. Scroll down until you see the workshop title
8. Click “Add”
9. If you are done with your purchase, click “Proceed to Checkout” to complete your purchase
You will receive a separate email with additional information once you have registered for this hunt!