Youth Turkey Hunting Clinic - Tygh Valley
Participants in this all-day clinic will learn about all the elements of a successful turkey hunt.
Wild turkey is a great “first hunt” for youth and other novice hunters. Turkeys are plentiful, seasons are long and gear is simple.
This clinic is for youth 8 to 17 years old. Participants will learn about all the elements of a successful turkey hunt, including turkey biology, Oregon’s turkey hunting opportunities, turkey identification, behavior, sign identification, scouting techniques and hunting tactics. Attendees go home with the basic skills and a bit of equipment to start turkey hunting.
Equipment will be provided; however, if your child has a shotgun they want to pattern, they’re welcome to bring it. It’s cold this time of year so bring warm clothes and extra layers. Lunch will be provided and there will be raffles at the end of the day.
This outdoor clinic at the ODFW’s White River Wildlife Area is sponsored by ODFW the Oregon Hunters Association and the Celilo Bowman. Registration fees are used to supplement youth hunting and the Hunter Education Program.
Pre-registration is required and your registration fee is non-refundable. Youth ages 8 - 17 must be accompanied by an adult. A hunter education card is not required to attend this event.
Overnight camping is available before and after the event. If you have questions regarding the White River Wildlife Area, please call Chase Brown 541-544-2126.
IMPORTANT: The event will be held at a campsite along Happy Ridge/Badger Creek Road in the middle of the White River Wildlife Area. To get there, make sure to follow the map links below or input exact GPS coordinates into your phone or mapping device. Navigating to “White River Wildlife Area” on your device will likely put you at the wildlife area’s main office – far from where the event will be held. There is limited to no cell service in the wildlife area, so plan ahead.
- Google Map to Event Location
- ODFW Event Site Map
- GPS Coordinates: 45°16'13.9"N 121°16'42.3"W
Check-in begins at 7:30am and the clinic starts at 8:45am. Please arrive by 8:15 a.m. in order to get checked-in - we will start on time. Be on the lookout for a confirmation via email with more information the week prior to the event. Check your junk box or spam folder if you don't see one.
HOW TO REGISTER AND SIGN-UP:
- Click the “Register Now” button below.
- You will be directed to the ODFW Electronic Licensing System Login Page.
- Login with your information if you already have an account.
- If you have never logged in, use Verify/Look Up to find your account if you’ve had a hunting or fishing license or signed up for any of our programs in the past. If you are a new ODFW customer, use Create an Account.
- After you have logged in, click “Purchase from the Catalog."
- Scroll down to Class/Workshop. Click “View All."
- Scroll down until you see the workshop title.
- Click “Add."
- If you are done with your purchase, click “Proceed to Checkout” to complete your purchase.