Accessibility Statement for Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife
The Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife is committed to providing a website experience that functions for all users regardless of ability, network speed, or device. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. We invite feedback if you have issues accessing any part of https://myodfw.com/
- Each page on the site has a “Skip to Main Content” that’s visible on focus, giving visitors the option of jumping past navigation and into main content.
- A link to our Accessibility Statement and feedback form is available on each page of the site: at the top of the page on focus, and in the footer.
- The site navigation has accessible labels, visual hover/focus indicators, and has been tested using keyboard navigation and zoom up to 400% on mobile and desktop.
- Links have been tested with keyboard navigation and a screen reader. Icon links have accessible labels.
- Titles, headings, body copy, and other essential elements have been reviewed for 4.5:1 color contrast. An accessible color palette and design guidelines have been created.
- Care has been taken to apply focus and hover states to interactive elements including the navigation, links and buttons.
- Pages are structured with semantic elements including headers, navigation, main, and footer to improve site navigation for visitors using screen readers.
- The navigation, search, and several key pages have been manually tested with zoom up to 400%, keyboard navigation, with VoiceOver and with the WAVE tool.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA and Level AAA, with AAA as most conformant. myodfw.com/ is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA, and we are working toward full conformance. Some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. We are reviewing commonly used pages and tools on our site and implementing updates to improve the usability for all. If you encounter something that is not accessible, please let us know so we can better understand how to prioritize this critical work.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of myodfw.com. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Please contact us using the form below
- Phone 123-456-7890
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
This statement was created on October 10, 2022.