June 7, 2023
ACCESS A REPORT
Best bets for weekend fishing
- Dozens of waterbodies throughout the state are being stocked. Find a location near you.
- There are great opportunities for kokanee around the state, see tips for fishing for kokanee.
- It’s a great time to fish for cutthtroat trout on north and south coast rivers. 7 tips for catching coastal cutthroat.
- Anglers will also find good Chinook fishing in the lower Columbia tributaries, Nestucca Basin, Tillamook Bay, and the Rogue, Umpqua and Umatilla rivers.
- Bass and other warmwater fishing is heating up thanks to recent warm temperatures.
Need more intel or ideas? Check out the zone reports.
Leave young wildlife in the wild
“Saving” young wildlife can do more harm than good. So, when you find a fledgling bird on the ground or a deer fawn or elk calf hidden away in grass, leave it alone. Young animals are rarely orphaned, and Mom’s probably nearby. Just give them some room. Learn more.
Waiting for big game draw results?
Mark your calendars for June 12, because that’s the new deadline for posting the draw results. Here’s how to check your results.