Hunting on private lands: UCAP and Regulated Hunt Areas

September 11, 2017

Regulated Hunt Areas (RHAs) are cooperative programs between Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and private landowners that offer regulated hunting on private lands. Each RHA has special regulations so be sure to check them before hunting.

The Upland Cooperative Access Program (UCAP) is an incentive-based program designed to provide quality public hunting opportunities for upland game birds on private lands in Wasco, Sherman, Gilliam and Morrow counties in the Columbia Basin.

Explore Related Articles

Buying a license or permit

Unlike general season hunts where anyone can buy a tag over-the-counter, controlled hunts are limited entry hunts that require you...

Buying a license or permit

ODFW’s Premium Hunts give any hunter a chance to draw an additional deer, elk or pronghorn tag with a months-long...

Buying a license or permit

The free disabled veteran combination license, and permit for disabled hunters and anglers make it easier for everyone to participate.