Roadkill Salvage Permits

January 2, 2019

Salvaging deer and elk struck by vehicles is legal in Oregon. However, you must fill out a permit (after the fact) and surrender the antlers and head to ODFW.

Mandatory check-in for roadkill salvage deer and elk will resume March 19, 2022. Antlers and head of all salvaged animals must be surrendered to an ODFW field office within 5 business days of taking possession of the carcass. Call ahead to your nearest field office to make an appointment; do not show up without an appointment as ODFW offices remain closed to in-person visitors except by appointment at this time.