Klaskanine Hatchery Visitors' Guide
Klaskanine Hatchery was first operated in 1911 by the state of Oregon. In 1959 the hatchery was enlarged and renovated under the Columbia River Fisheries Development Program (Mitchell Act)—a program to enhance declining fish runs in the Columbia River Basin. The hatchery is now closely tied to the Select Area Fisheries Enhancement (SAFE) program and works closely with Clatsop County Fisheries (CCF). The facility is currently used primarily for rearing coho for SAFE commercial fisheries, as well as for adult collection and spawning of fall Chinook and as a rearing facility for fall Chinook and winter steelhead.