Silvies Unit 72
Find maps, boundary descriptions and the percent public land for the Silvies Unit.
Hunts are for the 2021 season unless otherwise noted.
Public lands: 67 percent. Beginning at Burns; west on US Hwy 20 to Glass Buttes- Camp Cr Rd near Glass Buttes; north on Glass Buttes-Camp Cr Rd to Twelvemile Cr Rd; east on Twelvemile Cr Rd to Grindstone Cr Rd; northeast on Grindstone Cr Rd to Paulina-Suplee Rd; southeast on Paulina- Suplee Rd to Suplee; east on Pine Cr Rd to S Fork John Day Rvr; southeast on S Fork John Day Rvr to FR 3750 at Bear Cr; east on 3750 to FR 37; northeast on 37 to US Hwy 395; south on Hwy 395 to Burns, point of beginning. (Maps: Ochoco NF, Malheur NF, Burns BLM).
Silvies Unit Map (pdf)
Unit wide hunts
- Silvies Unit (172)
- Silvies Unit Muzzleloader (172M)
- Silvies Unit Bow (172R)
- Siuslaw Unit Youth (220T)
- Silvies Unit No. 1 (272X)
- Silvies Unit No. 2 (272Y)
- Silvies Unit No. 1 (472A1)
- Silvies Unit No. 2 (472A2)
- Silvies Unit (272A)
- Silvies Unit Youth (272T)
- SW Oregon (722A)
- S Blue Mtn (746A)
- Silvies - N Juniper No. 1 (271A1) - North (pdf) South (pdf)
- Silvies - N Juniper No. 2 (271A2) - North (pdf) South (pdf)
- West Silvies (272B) - view map (pdf)
- Harney Basin (466B) view map (pdf)
- Riley (472B) - view map (pdf)
- Harney Basin (679A) - West (pdf) East (pdf)
- Harney BasinYouth (679T) - West (pdf) East (pdf)
Hines office 541-573-6582
Hunt series key:
100 series – buck deer
200 series – elk
400 series – pronghorn
500 series – bighorn sheep
600 series – antlerless deer
700 series – spring black bear
900 series – Rocky Mountain goat
Please review the Big Game Regulations for sub-unit descriptions.
NOTE: This information is for reference use only, and is not intended to replace the information found in the current Big Game Regulations. Please consult the Big Game Regulations before purchasing tags or planning your hunting excursions.