Learn to Fish - Steelhead 101 Workshop - Troutdale - THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL
Have you ever wanted to try steelhead fishing but weren’t sure how? ODFW partners with the Sandy Chapter of the Association of Northwest Steelheaders (ANWS) to give you all the knowledge you need to fish for steelhead, from how to start, where to go, how to read the water, and what gear to get and how to use it!
We have all the equipment you need, but if you have your own steelhead fishing equipment you are encouraged to bring it and we can show you how to use it.
This is a 2-day event! Saturday will be spent going over the ins and outs of steelhead fishing in a classroom setting, while Sunday will be hands-on learning, FISHING(!!), on the water!
Sign-in begins at 8:00 AM on February 11th. Lunch will NOT be provided, so please bring your own lunch, snacks, and water on both Saturday and Sunday. A detailed email of the plan of the day and further instructions will be provided after registration.
Anglers aged 17 years and younger are eligible to participate while accompanied by an adult 21 years or older.
Your workshop fee includes: instruction, use of ODFW equipment and program materials, and a one-year membership to ANWS. The Sandy Chapter of ANWS will be hosting a fish-along the weekend after this event for all ANWS members; if you learn with us you’ll never fish alone! (Unless you want to).
Each participant MUST have:
- Appropriate clothing and footwear. This is an outdoor event under cover. Oregon weather can be unpredictable, so please dress accordingly!
- If you are 12 and older: A valid angling license, a combined angling harvest tag, and a Columbia River Basin Endorsement are required.
- A combined angling harvest tag and a Columbia River Basin Endorsement are required, regardless of age.
HOW TO REGISTER AND SIGN-UP:
1. Click the below “Register Now” button.
2. You will be directed to the ODFW Electronic Licensing System Login Page https://odfw.huntfishoregon.com/login.
3. Login with your information if you already have an account.
4. If you have never logged in, use Verify/Look Up to find your account if you’ve had a hunting or fishing license or signed up for any of our programs in the past. If you are a new ODFW customer, use Create an Account.
5. After you have logged in, click “Purchase from the Catalog.”
6. Scroll down to Class/Workshop. Click “View All.”
7. Scroll down until you see the workshop title.
8. Click “Add.”
9. If you are done with your purchase, click “Proceed to Checkout” to complete your purchase.