There are two ways to purchase licenses, tags, permits or other documents:
- Buy online at MyODFW.com
- Visit an ODFW office or license vendor
Buy your license/tags online
Great for people who want to buy at home, and/or carry their documents on their smartphone
- Verify your ODFW account, or create a new one by choosing “I am a new customer…” on the MyODFW.com licensing page. Check the FAQs to see which applies to you.
- After you create your account at MyODFW.com, enter your username and password on the MyODFW app (which can be downloaded from the Apple itunes app store or Google Play store). The app will be helpful if you choose to print your documents, and required if you choose to carry them electronically on your phone.
- Purchase your licenses and tags via the MyODFW.com licensing page.
- Follow the screen prompts to print, or if you choose electronic documents, verify the documents you bought are listed in the MyODFW app.
- Learn how to use electronic licenses and tagging. See the FAQs for this information.
* Wildlife Area Parking Permits are not available for download and must be printed.
To learn more about electronic licensing system, duplicate licenses, buying a license for others, and what happens if your smartphone dies or you’re out of cell phone range, see our FAQs.
Visit an ODFW office or license vendor
Great for people who don’t use a computer or smartphone
- Call first to make sure your local vendor is set up to begin selling licenses in the new system, or check the MyODFW.com website for a list of active agents.
- Or, go to an ODFW office that sells licenses.
- Be patient while the vendor verifies or creates your ODFW account. Check the FAQs to see which will apply to you.
- Remember to bring your old license with your hunter/angler ID number. If you don’t have your hunter/angler ID, the vendor will need your last name, date of birth and either the phone number or email address associated with the account*.
- Select a way to keep your license/tags dry. They’ll be printed on regular printer paper, so you’ll need a Ziploc/plastic bag or other way to protect them from the elements.
*If you have none of these items, ask the agent to try to find you in the system or call ODFW Licensing at (503) 947-6101.
If you have questions about the new licensing system, duplicate licenses, buying licenses for others, tagging an animal or whether you’ll be asked to verify your account, visit our FAQs.
How to buy a tag after the sale deadline
Most big game hunters must purchase their tag no later than the day before the hunt begins. (For bear and cougar, the deadline is the day before Western Oregon rifle deer season opens).
ODFW created an exception to this rule to help hunters who forgot about the deadline or couldn’t get their tag on time. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the application for Exception to Tag Sale/Pickup Deadline. The application requires you to sign an affidavit stating that you have not yet tried to hunt without the tag.
- Pay exception fee of $25.50 along with regular cost of tag. Do this at your nearest ODFW office that sells licenses. These exception applications cannot be processed online or at a license sales agent.
- Take your tag home with you if you purchase it at an office.
Find ODFW offices that sell licenses
Find ODFW license agents/vendors